Your training begins at the interview stage. Your will learn about our ethos and aims on expedition, the flow of a typical Activ event, as well as about the attributes that successful staff display.
Safeguarding Children – Level 1
This online module covers the background for safeguarding, what is meant by safeguarding and the key principles of child protection. This is an excellent accredited course that you can add to your CV, and is extremely important not only at Activ Adventures but also whilst interacting within the community. We offer this course free of charge, whether you end up joining the Activ Adventures team or not.
The Activ Way
You should read over the about Activ Adventures section of our website – familiarise yourself with our missions and our values. Always be the best version of yourself.
Duke of Edinburgh
- All DofE staff with no prior experience of DofE expeditions are advised to complete the DofE e-Induction online course.
- Any staff carrying out assessments must complete the EAAS/12 form for DofE Assessors.
- All staff will be required to attend one of our one-day training days. This gives us a chance to make sure we are all working to the ‘Activ Way’ and are all comfortable with our roles and responsibilities on expedition.
- Our team is our strongest asset, and the training day gives us a chance to introduce new staff to the team and catch up with each other ahead of the coming season.
Online Policies and Resources
Once you have completed the Training Day and should you be confirmed for work you will be given access to our Staff Resources, found on our website. On here you will find the operational procedures for expeditions section of our policy document & resources to prepare you for work with Activ Adventures.
You will be expected to familiarise yourselves with these documents before your expedition.
- You are now ready for your first event! Your Course Director for the day will provide you with a briefing, giving you a chance to ask any questions you might have left.
- Staff will be appraised on event, either by a member of Head Office staff or by a Course Director.